Aug 21, 2018
Reports to: Program Manager, Student Advocacy
Location: Memphis, Tennessee
Position Type: Regular, Part-Time
About Campaign for School Equity
Campaign for School Equity is a leading non-profit, education advocacy organization that aims to ensure that all children, especially those of color, have access to high-quality choices, by uniting communities of students, parents and clergy to raise their voices to create effective change.
The Program Coordinator Position
The Program Coordinator (PC) will facilitate and help execute our Student Advocacy Curriculum as part of our school-based advocacy program at ten Memphis area high schools for the 2018-2019 academic school year. The PC will, among other activities, use platforms to update and evaluate student performance during program sessions, and be the lead contact for CSE at each school site.
Reporting to and in partnership with the Program Manager, Student Advocacy, this position involves advancing CSE’s mission in Memphis by strengthening our overall program strategy. To that end, specific responsibilities include:
● Facilitate weekly school-based sessions at each partner school.
● Demonstrate a strong commitment and belief in our students’ ability to lead and have a voice in critical conversations that affect them.
● Establish key relationships with school staff, parents, and community members.
● Maintain up to date information on student attendance, performance and other key program highlights.
The ideal candidate would have 1-2 years of relevant program experience, including work with high school students or youth. In addition, the candidate must be highly organized and have exceptional relationship building skills. He/she should be a self-starter and able to meet deadlines with little supervision and oversight. The candidate must possess a valid state driver’s license. Other Qualifications include:
● High School / Equivalent (College degree or pursuing a plus)
● Experience working with high school students/youth
● Experience in not-for-profit and/or education environment
● Strong written and verbal communication
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a part-time position, with an estimated 15 hours a week for programming and training. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand on an hourly basis.
Please send a cover letter and resume outlining your skills and experience for the Program Coordinator position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed. Campaign for School Equity is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.